Monday 16 June 2014

Soup making!

Broccoli and leek soup AND cauliflower, leek and garlic soup

"I had the cauliflower soup and I rate rate 5/10 because it felt all thick and it tasted unusual"
Kimberley

"I think the cauliflower soup was 9/10 beacuse the broccoli soup was too thick. When you put salt in the broccoli soup it didn't taste as cheesy!"
Oscar

"After we made the soup I felt full because I ate Lilly and Lily's soup as well as mine. I loved the cauliflower soup. I thought it was 10/10"
Charlotte

"I tried the broccoli soup but rate it 2/10 because when I ate it I did not like it".
Riley

As you can see we had varied responses to the soup!







While we were making the soup some questions came up...
  1. What family is the leek from?
  2. How high and how wide does a leek grow?
  3. Is garlic from the same family as onions?
  4. Is broccoli and cauliflower a winter or summer vegetable? 
Homework tonight, (we forgot to do spelling etc), is to answer a question and post on the blog!



14 comments:

  1. l love baking with you ms betts

    ReplyDelete
  2. broccoli and cauliflower are a winter vegetable ms betts
    lilly hunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. A leek comes from the Amaryllidaceae family.
    Onion comes from the same family as garlic.
    Broccoli is a winter vegetable.
    From Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a yummy soup with cauliflower leek and garlic Ms Betts. I wonder if some of them liked the broccoli and cauliflower soups That was a fun time having a time to make the soup.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. ms Betts, I liked the soup with pepper and salt.I liked making it too. Tais

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms Betts, thanks for the soup, sorry I didn't like it. I think onions are from the same family as garlic.
    From Riley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms Betts I liked the brocoli soup because it was yum.I liked when we got to blend the vegetables.Walter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leeks are from the same family as garlic and onions (Amaryllidaceae Family). I had both of the soups and I gave them both a 4/10, it was a little bit too thick. - Jack Bringans

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Miss Betts. Broccoli can be grown all year if the weather is warm but it is best grown (gives a sweeter taste) if grown in cooler temperatures like autumn. I had both soups and I give them a 10/10, because I loooooove soup..... Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked up what the biggest leek in the world is. It weighed 9.2kg. The man who grew it is John Pearson. Kahn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Guys, you are SUPERSTARS with your blogging, giving feedback and fact finding. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What soup are we making next?
    Is Blyton still energetic?
    From Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found out that leaks are in the same family as garlic,an onion, a shallot and a spring onion. sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. at my house we have been having lots of soup. Zoe

    ReplyDelete